Tip 101: Launching a New Show
Those who are launching in these times may be on to something (see Tip #70).
The first suggestion is that to even have a show, there must be:
- An unmet need—that buyers/sellers want filled.
- A group of buyers (attendees) who recognize this need—and who you can
- A sufficient number of exhibitors who want to see these buyers face-to-face
(and who have the $ available to do so).
Second, do some research:
- What is the total size of the community of interest for this market?
- What is the competition for this market?
- Will the industry influencers (associations, magazines, etc.) support your
The next step is to position the show to ensure its success. How are you different
and more valuable to the target attendees/exhibitors than any alternate use
of their time/money? For the rest of the steps on how to do a launch, see "Launching a New Event" by Michael Hough.