Tip 55: The Future of the Exhibition Industry
Here are the significant findings of IAEM's white paper on The Future
of the Exhibition Industry:
- The exhibition industry will continue into the future as part of an integrated
- Organizers face competition for attendance at in-person events from virtual
- B2B Internet options threaten to shift a significant portion of buyer/seller
transactions away from exhibitions.
- The U.S. population is undergoing major changes in demographic and ethnic
composition, which organizers need to recognize.
- Bill Gates is quoted as saying, "Face-to-face interaction will remain an
important part of business... expositions provide an important marketing and
sales opportunity to reach customers."
The 52-page white paper goes on to give recommendations as to what we can do
to address these challenges. It is available for $59.95 from IAEM ($39.95 for
members). To obtain a copy, go to www.iaem.org or call 972-458-8002.