Tip 63: 5 Attendance Promotion Tips
- Take a holistic approach to attendance promotion—the direct
mail piece is only 10% of the total effort needed.
- A successful show brings the right number of qualified attendees
to the show floor. Work on all three elements and you will have a very
- If you manage the expectations of your exhibitors, you will not need to
produce huge numbers of warm bodies. Under promise and over
- Rule of Thumb: budget $50 per verified attendee for all marketing expenses.
This is for direct costs only and does not include staff salaries.
- Be sure the community of interest is large enough to support your
show. On average, 1% of the community (or universe) will come to the show.